Gilbertsville - Mt. Upton New K-12 School
The architects were challenged with, not only developing a new K-12 school which is to function as a community center with night-time access, but also to keep the completed costs within the state aid limits for the district, resulting in no additional local tax impact. The completed building has access to the library, auditorium, cafeteria, and gymnasium, without accessing the classroom wings. Access to the shop, art, and home-economics careers wing is also independent of the classroom wings.
• Low program to circulation space ratio.
• Amphitheater/small group instruction space.
• 486-seat auditorium.
• Full production stage with computerized lighting system.
• State-of-the-art electronic media in all classrooms with remote teacher control from each classroom.
• 2-station gymnasium with balcony seating and separate elementary gym station.
• State-of-the-art technology facility.
• New bus garage and maintenance facility.
• Outdoor sculpture space adjacent to the Art Room.
• New athletic fields
Gilbertsville Mt. Upton 2007 Addition
Teitsch-Kent-Fay Architects, P.C. designed an addition to the Gilbertsville-Mt Upton Central School K-12 building. This involved the creation of a new classroom wing, connecting two existing wings and making a complete circulation circuit for the facility. Also included in this project was complete re-roofing of the entire facility, and various interior improvements, including security enhancements, to the existing school building